- Keep hands, feet, and objects to self
- Respect every person in this classroom
- Always try your best
- You may bring a water bottle to class, but you may not have it on your desk with your ChromeBook
- No food is allowed in the classroom
- Do not touch others' belongings (it is very important we keep things to ourselves)
- Gum is not allowed in my classroom (but mints are!)
Zoom/Google Meet Expectations:
- Find a quiet, appropriate learning placae
- Be on time
- Use your name when logging into Zoom
- Be respectful
- Use mute when not speaking
- Use the chat feature to ask questions
- Do not eat while on video (it can be distracting)
- Cell phones, tablets, etc. should not be visible while on Zoom/Meet
- In the event an assignment is not turned in on the due date, the student will lose 1 Dojo point and fill out a Caution Log in the Responsibility Folder.
- Once the student fills out 5 Caution Logs (5 missing assignments) in one quarter, a classroom detention will be issued.
- If the student receives 3 classroom detentions in one quarter due to missing assignments, the student will receive an Office Referral.
**I never want homework to be a source of stress or frustration for you or your child at home. If your child is confused or frustrated with an assignment, please contact me and I will go over it with them the following day (with no consequence) or simply initial the top of the assignment.
- This is a great classroom management and communication tool that I use regularly. Students can earn/lose Dojo points daily based on behavior. Positive behaviors students can earn Dojo points for include: being kind, helping others, being on task, participating, using time wisely, working hard, passing an AR test, and getting a green dot in xtramath. Students may lose Dojo points for the following: being unprepared, talking out of turn, being off task, not having their homework completed, lying, leaving a mess, and being disrespectful.
- Rewards are given based on the number of Dojo points students have:
- Every 20 Dojos: Class Coupon
- 100 Dojos: 2 Class Coupons
- 150 Dojos: 2 Class Coupons
- 200 Dojos: Subway Coupon
- Class Dojo is also a wonderful communication tool. We have a "Class Story" where I occasionally post updates or pictures of what we are currently working on in class. You can send me direct messages as well. I highly encourage you to utilize this app to stay up to date on what's going on and monitor your child's behavior in class. You need a class code to have access to your child's account. I sent this home at the beginning of the year, but I am happy to send another if you need one.
I have rewarded students with candy, pizza/ice cream/popcorn parties in the past for positive behavior, reaching a goal, incentives for MAP/IAR testing, etc. If this is an issue with your child or if they have diet restrictions, please let me know so we can come up with something else.